My friend Catabriea (Cat for short!) is a makeup queen, so of course I had her fill out my "What Do You Use?" survey. Check it out!
Tell me about yourself in 140 characters or less
I'm a web developer (implied nerd) who loves kitties, cupcakes, chocolate, music, makeup, my husband and my children - in no specific order ;)
What’s your skincare routine like?
Minimal and as Natural as possible. I believe beauty really does come from within. Treating your body right reflects on the outside: quality sleep, low stress, hydration, good food, hydration, did I mention hydration? If I’ve been slacking on those I make sure I defend my skin against the world - poor air, uv rays, etc. Moisturizing is my go-to 365, even in the sweaty summers putting on a layer of moisturizing protection (sunscreen please!) saves your skin in the future.
What are your holy grail makeup products?
- An thin eyebrow brush for cat liner (more and more now they are being marketed as duo eye liners - FINALLY!). Trust me! Try it! Fastest way to get a clean sexy cat eye.
- Moisturizer & Primer: Find what works for your skin - a 5 star product might be a 1 star for you. I’ve used over a dozen dif kinds and it really just depends on the time of year, hormones, yada yada. But moisturizing and priming your skin - especially before a makeup foundation is key to a polished look and healthier skin.
- The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit is my fav. The shades are the best quality and the palette wells lasts a long time.
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - has NOT failed me when it come to foundation application. Flawless!
- Coconut oil - or a non-toxic lip balm because nobody loves dry lips and because nobody loves flaky lips, exfoliate those kissers.